Cervical cancer is the most common cancer that occurs in the reproductive system of women. Cervical cancer is often triggered by the HPV (human pappilomavirus). HPV is the most common cause for cervical cancer. Not all varieties of HPV virus cause cervical cancer.
* Hysterectomy – Removal of the cancerous area from the cervix and uterus.
* Conization – A cone shaped portion of the affected cervical tissue is removed using a scalpel.
* Cryosurgery – Freezing and killing the cancerous and precancerous tissues.
* Laser surgery – A narrow beam of light is used to kill the cancerous and precancerous tissues.
* LEEP (Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure) – Electricity is used to remove abnormal tissue
Managing the situation is the key to handling any disease; follow these simple but effective self care tips to manage cervical cancer.
* Drink plenty of fluids and eat a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables to prevent constipation (chemotherapy induces constipation).
* If you have nausea or vomiting, check with your doctor and stop yourself from getting dehydrated (chemotherapy induces constipation). Do not use self medication for nausea.
Find more on the self care, ways to prevent, symptoms and on medications that are available at http://www.internationaldrugmart.com/health-articles/cervical-cancer-overview.shtml
No comments yet.
You must be logged in to post a comment.